Friday, April 13, 2012

THE NEW TROPICAL HOUSEGUESTS

The dilemma of every obsessed gardener: Too many plants and not enough space in your garden. My solution to this problem was to invite them into the house and integrate them into the decor. I guess you could say I'm kind of like the botanical version of a crazy cat person. Fortunately, I have a wife who likes indoor plants (maybe "tolerates" is a better word) and a son who doesn't feel the need to destroy them, so the plan worked well.


A livened up drab entryway.

The huge living room window keeps these plants very happy.

The fireplace doesn't actually work so there's no worry of burning these tropical beauties.

My kitchen windowsill has become sort of an impromptu nursery. 

And a bit of tiki spirit thrown in for good measure.


0 comments:

Post a Comment